The South Arm Community Kitchen made a Beer Bread to go with the Green Peas Soup.
This Beer Bread is adapted from http://mintgreenapron.blogspot.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (up to 1/2 can be substituted with whole wheat or spelt)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 can beer
- optional customizations: grated cheese, ground pepper, chopped chives or chopped dried fruit