We made Indian Naan Bread to serve with the Butter Cashew Chicken at the South Arm Community Kitchen.
Our naan did not rise as much because we do not have enough time for the bread to proof in the session.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast (not instant active dry yeast or rapid rise yeast)
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off with a knife, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- heaping 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds (we used cumin seeds), optional
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter or extra virgin olive oil for brushing on finished naans
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen
Serves 6 naans
Minoo shared the above food safe tips at the kitchen.