I made this dessert for Ben’s office potluck. It’s kind of last minute request. He only told about the potluck on Monday evening and the potluck is on Wednesday. I only do my groceries shopping on Sunday and am not prepared for it at all.
So, I had to whip up something from what I can find in my pantry.
I still have the shredded young coconut which I mistakenly bought in the freezer. I also have some can coconut juice and 1/2 pack of the agar-agar (missing from the above photo).
- 1 package of 454g shredded young coconut
- 18grams agar-agar
- 1 can 520ml coconut juice (plus enough water to make up 800ml)
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (depend on the sweetness you desired)
- Soak agar-agar for 30 minutes and strain.
- Combine agar-agar, coconut juice and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir until the agar-agar and sugar is dissolved.
- Add the shredded young coconut, give them a few snips if the strands are long.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Ladle into mould or container.
- Let cool. Refrigerate until set.
This Post Has 4 Comments
Hi, if I am using agar agar powder, how much do I use? How much coconut juice and water to boil with the agar agar powder? Thanks for our help!
Just follow the instruction on the agar agar powder packaging to make up about 800ml of liquid (coconut juice + water). For eg. for a 6 oz box of agar-agar powder where the instruction asked for 6 cups of water, you probably only need 1/2 of the box with 750ml liquid (coconut juice + water).
Im sorry but I dont quite understand. Apologies!
Pingback: Picnic at Derby Reach Regional Park |