I made this dessert for Ben’s office potluck. It’s kind of last minute request. He only told about the potluck on Monday evening and the potluck is on Wednesday. I only do my groceries shopping on Sunday and am not prepared for it at all.
So, I had to whip up something from what I can find in my pantry.
I still have the shredded young coconut which I mistakenly bought in the freezer. I also have some can coconut juice and 1/2 pack of the agar-agar (missing from the above photo).
- 1 package of 454g shredded young coconut
- 18grams agar-agar
- 1 can 520ml coconut juice (plus enough water to make up 800ml)
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (depend on the sweetness you desired)
- Soak agar-agar for 30 minutes and strain.
- Combine agar-agar, coconut juice and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir until the agar-agar and sugar is dissolved.
- Add the shredded young coconut, give them a few snips if the strands are long.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Ladle into mould or container.
- Let cool. Refrigerate until set.