The South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen made a stir fry vegetable dish to be served with basmati rice.
This Okra, Corn and Tomatoes Stir Fry is Minoo’s favourite okra recipe.
Minoo shared a remedy of drinking okra water which is believed to help lessen diabetes symptoms. Okra water is made by putting sliced okra in warm water and soak them overnight.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh okra, halved lengthwise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 2 large ears)
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 ounces slab bacon, cut into large dice (optional)
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzle
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen