Another Fall vegetable being cooked up in the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen is Beet.
Beets have many health benefits which include high in vitamins and minerals like the B Vitamin, folate, manganese, potassium and copper. They are also high in dietary fiber. Beets also contain a healthy amount of magnesium, phosphorous, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (or 1 tablespoon ground ginger)
- 4 to 5 small potatoes, chopped
- 4 large beets, chopped
- 16 to 20 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or paste
- 2 tablespoons cumin
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen