Stacked Potato Gratin
The South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen made a side dish of Stacked Potato Gratin.
Minoo shared this recipe of Stacked Potato Gratin just in time for Thanksgiving as we met the week before Thanksgiving.
- 2 kilograms large potatoes (about 5)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried ones
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika for sprinkling on top, optional
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen
Preheat oven to 400F.
Using a mandolin or knife, slice potatoes crosswise into scant 1/8-inch thick rounds.
|Grate Parmesan cheese.
|In a small bowl, stir together oil, thyme, garlic, salt, nutmeg, pepper and Parmesan.
|Place potatoes rounds in a large bowl. Add the above seasonings and mix until potato rounds are evenly coated.
|On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, make 12 stacks of potatoes by placing the largest pieces on the bottom and smallest on the top.
|Sprinkle the stacks of potatoes with paprika, if desired.
Bake in a 400F pre-heated oven until potatoes are tender, about 35 minutes.
|Garnish with thyme when serving.