The South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen met up for another session.
The first recipe we made was a hearty Brazilian Black Bean Soup which is just great for the winter season.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 (15 ounces) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups water, or more
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- organic chicken seasoning to taste, optional
Source: this recipe is adapted from Allrecipes.com (submitted by Liebelune)