It was a very cold morning during the last kitchen of the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen in 2016. We made a comfort soup to battle the cold.
The soup we made was Salmon and Potato Chowder which I had blogged before here.
For the main dish, we made a Spinach and Mushroom Pasta.
- 12 ounces penne noddles (you can use any type of pasta of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 4 cups mixed fresh mushrooms, sliced (oyster, shiitake, cemini, portobello, etc…)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed well & chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen