The South Arm Community Kitchen met up for another fun time in the kitchen.
Minoo prepared three recipes for the kitchen. The main course is an Orange Scented Vegetable Couscous.
We served the couscous with a Noodle Vegetable Soup which I had blogged about here.
Minoo also shared with us some useful soup tips in the kitchen.
For dessert, we made a Deep Dark Chocolate Sour Cream Zucchini Cake which I had also blogged about before. You can click on this link to check out the recipe.
Here is the recipe for the Orange Scented Vegetable Couscous.
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- few stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
P/S: the celery stalks were left out from the photo.
Source: This recipe is adapted from weight watchers