In the South Arm Community Kitchen, we served the Chicken with Tomato Sauce with a side dish of Quinoa Pilaf.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed a few times
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped walnut
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Source: this recipe is adapted from allrecipes
|Prepare all the ingredients.
|Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
Cook onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
|Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes more.
|Stir in quinoa and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes. or until quinoa is tender and fluffy.
In a bowl, toss quinoa together with walnuts and parsley.