The South Arm Community Kitchen made a hearty soup as our main dish.
This Garden Vegetable Soup is good enough for a light lunch with the addition of rice or small noodles.
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups of broth (chicken, beef or vegetable) or more
- 1 1/2 cups sweet peppers (green, red and yellow)
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup rice or small noodle
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or 1/2 can tomato soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 teaspoon fresh one)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Many hands in the kitchen makes preparation easier as there is a lot of chopping to do.
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen