Minoo selected a Thai theme for this community kitchen. Thai cuisine is aromatic and with a spicy edge.
The first recipe is a Vegan Thai Soup. This is a very easy recipe, get all the vegetables and liquid into a pot and bring to a boil. Then add the tofu and the rest of the of the seasonings.
You can keep this soup in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed container or you can freeze it.
- 1/2 julienned red onion
- 1/2 julienned red bell pepper
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 Thai chili or any other chili, finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water (we used chicken broth)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 tablespoon coconut, cane or brown sugar
- 10 oz firm tofu, cubed (275g)
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- juice of half a lime
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
Source: this recipe is adapted from New York times cooking