The South Arm Community Kitchen made an Italian Tossed Salad to complement the Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce.
- 8 cups torn or roughly chopped Romaine lettuce (or a standard 10oz bag of lettuce greens)
- 1/2 cup quartered artichoke hearts (half of 14oz can), drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos or roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
For dessert, we made Gingered Rhubarb Apple Crisp as rhubarb is in season. You can find the recipe here.
The Gingered Rhubarb Apple Crisp is best to be served warm with a scoop of ice-cream.
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen