I like the sweetish Korean potato banchan whenever I dined at a Korean restaurant.
Ben noticed that I like Gamja Jorim and he searched for the recipe to make this side dish for me. He is sweet, just like this dish.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, rinsed well to remove starch
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 cm chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- chopped green onion, optional
- 3/4 cup water