Ben loves dishes with a lot of sauce. He can just eat steamed rice with sauce.
Ben made this Chinese Five Spice Chicken with Hard Boiled Eggs and Tofu Puff on Thanksgiving weekend. We avoid going out to eat thinking that restaurants will be packed.
- 3 chicken legs, trimmed fat and cut into drum sticks and thighs (about 2 pounds), sprinkled with 2 tablespoons Chinese Five Spice Blend and rub gently
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 to 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 pieces tofu puff, cut into halves
- Coriander leaves for garnishing