Ants Climbing Tree
I love this dish called Ants Climbing Tree. So, Ben made it for me one day.
- 4 oz mung bean noodle/glass noodle
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon spicy fermented bean sauce
- 4 oz ground pork
- 1 can (398ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 2 Thai chili, finely chopped (optional)
Source: The woks of Life
|Soak the mung bean noodles in cold water for 10 minutes. Rinse in cold water, drain and set aside.
|In a wok over medium heat, add the oil and minced ginger. Cook the ginger for about a minute or until fragrance and add the spicy bean sauce. Cook for another minute.
Add the ground pork and stir-fry until the meat is cooked through.
|Add the chicken broth, sugar, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.
Bring to a boil.
|Once boiling, add the glass noodles, scallions and Thai chili if using.
Stir everything together with a pair of chopsticks for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce is almost dry.
Served alone or with steamed rice.