Ben got this recipe from Reddit. It sounded auspicious and great to be served during Chinese New Year.
In plain English, this dish is known as Spicy Fried Hard-Boiled Eggs Hunan style. We enjoyed the crispiness of the eggs and the aromatics from the green onions and of course the spiciness of it.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 inch ginger, finely minced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 to 4 spring onions, chopped
- cornstarch for dusting the eggs
Source: Reddit.com/Cooking – mthmchris