Pork Lettuce Wrap
For the main dish, Michelle prepared a Pork Lettuce Wrap for the Chinese New Year celebration at the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors.
You can use ground turkey or chicken for this recipe.
Michelle served the meat mixture, lettuce cups, cashew and cilantro separately. The diners will help themselves with the assembly of the lettuce wrap by spooning the meat and vegetable mixture into the lettuce cup and garnish with cilantro and chopped cashews if desired.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup finely chopped button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground pork or chicken or turkey
- 8 to 10 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and edges trimmed
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
Source: this recipe is adapted from Epicurious.com