Spinach and Hazelnut Stuffed Mushroom
The second dish in the theme of using food in season is Spinach and Hazelnut Stuffed Mushrooms.
This recipe makes a great appetizer or a vegetarian meal when served with salad and crusty bread.
- 4 large flat portobello mushrooms (you may substitute with baby portobello mushrooms if price is a concern)
- a bunch of fresh spinach, chopped, rinsed and dried (or 1 package frozen chopped spinach)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts (or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (or cheddar)
Source: this recipe is adapted from Waitrose Recipe Cards
P/S: Michelle confirmed that the amount of ingredients for the filings for this recipe has to be doubled