Michelle shared this Dairy Free Blender Chocolate Pudding recipe in the South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen.
Michelle served the chocolate pudding in the above yogurt jar which she bought from a British lady in a garage sale. Serving dessert in little glass jar makes it more desirable. 125ml mason jar also makes a great vessel to serve dessert in the holiday season.
- 2 bananas
- 1 pound (or 349g) package silken tofu
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup sugar
If you can’t find silken tofu, you can substitute it with soft tofu.
Tofu made from soybean curds:
- is naturally gluten-free and low calorie, contains no cholesterol and is an excellent source of protein, iron and calcium.
- it is an important source of protein especially for vegans, vegetarians and those looking to move toward a more plant-based diet.
- it provides 44% of daily calcium needs, 9% of magnesium, and 40% iron and also contains small amounts of Vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, Vitamin B-6, folate, choline, phophorus, manganese and selenium
Source of info: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/278340.php
Serves about 6