For dessert, the South Arm Community Kitchen made some Hasselback Apples.
Choose firm apples with sweet-tart flavour for this Hasselback Apples recipe. Pink Lady or Honeycrisp works well while Fuji and Granny Smith falls apart.
- 2 large firm apples, peeled, halved vertically and cored
- butter to grease pan or lined pan with parchment paper
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice-cream (optional)
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen