Stella shared this lovely Cranberry Nut Loaf with the members of the South Arm Cooking Club for seniors. She was given a cook book by one of the members of the South Arm seniors titled “A World Community Cookbook’, Simply in Season. This recipe from extracted from this cookbook.
Stella insisted that everyone must try her cake because it is very rare for her to bake. Of course, we will never resist such a healthy cake loaded with flax seeds, cranberries and nuts.
- 1 cup (250ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75ml) flax seed meal
- 1 1//2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (175ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) sweetened dried cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) walnuts or pecans (chopped)
This recipe yields 1 loaf.