Lorna partnered with Emily to demonstrate at the South Arm Community Kitchen. While Emily made a soup and 2 side dishes, Lorna made a main dish.
Lorna made a Curry Roasted Duck with Lychee. This dish is very colourful and it makes a great potluck dish. You may substitute the roasted duck with fresh tofu skin pouches that had been lightly pan fried for a vegetarian curry dish. This is a mild curry dish.
Lorna served the Curry Roasted Duck with Steamed Brown Rice.
- 1 roasted duck, cut up
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk for cooking
- 2 cans (565ml) lychee in syrup (reserve syrup from 1 can)
- 1 can (14oz) pineapple slices, cut into big chunks
- 1/2 pack of Glico curry (Japanese curry)
- 1 bottle (195g) of red curry paste
- 6 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into triangles
- 1 orange pepper, cut into triangles
- 1 red pepper, cut into triangles
- 1 medium onion, cut into big chunks
- 3 to 4 celery sticks, cut into triangles
- 1 small pack of grape tomatoes
- salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
Serves: 10 to 12; prep time: 20 minutes; cooking time: 30 minutes