Michelle prepared a Mexican theme meal at the South Arm Community Kitchen for Women due to popular demand. Most of the recipes had been blogged already. You can click on…
The South Arm Women Community Kitchen resumes after the spring break. For this kitchen, Michelle shared information on incorporating more protein into our diet.
In line with above, Michelle shared a salad with almond and feta cheese which is a good source of protein.
This healthy kale salad is topped with a warm cranberry almond vinaigrette. The sweetness from the honey and shallot balanced well with the sourness of the vinaigrette and cranberry and the saltiness of the feta cheese.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almond
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese or feta cheese