Pork Belly and Mushroom Rice
Here is another recipe from The Woks of Life, one of Ben’s favourite following.
We made this for one of the Christmas potluck gathering.
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, reconstituted for 2 hours, squeezed dry (saving the soaking liquid), diced
- 1/2 pound pork belly, diced
- 1 piece of spiced tofu, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 slices ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mushroom soaking liquid
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
Source: this recipe is adapted from The Woks of Life