For today’s South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen, we made cookies for the annual South Arm Fund Raiser for the Richmond Food Bank. Of course, we also whipped up a simple meal of soup and salad for the participants.
Michelle shared a quick and easy Greek Soup recipe called Fassolada.
This soup can be versatile in a way that you can add more broth for an extra helping. Some crusty bread and a side salad will made it a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups of diced tomatoes, can or preesrved
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (we used an organic bouillon cub dissoved in water)
- 2 to 3 cups pre-cooked or can white beans (if using can beans, rinse and drain)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dillweed, or 2 tablespoons fresh dillweed
- 1 large bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- chooped parsley for garnishing
Source: South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen