Minoo also prepared a creamy and rich Coucous Almond Pudding in the South Arm Community Kitchen. This recipe is a great way to start or finish your day, as it is ideal for breakfast or dessert.
This Creamy Couscous Almond Pudding makes a healthy breakfast or dessert because it is made with whole grains. Whole grains provide essential minieral such as chromium which helps insulin to regulate blood sugar. Grains also provide vitamin Bs, which are essential for cell reproduction and help to manage stress.
- 1 3/4 cups (435ml) almond milk
- 1/3 cup (75ml) sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup (175ml) instant uncooked couscous
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (0.5ml) almond extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (60 to 125ml) natural vanilla yogurt to thicken
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pistachios or almond powder as garnish
- cinnamon as garnish
You can make your own almond milk by soaking almonds in water, pureeing the two in a blender, and then filtering the puree through cheesecloth.
Prep time: 30 minutes; Serves 6