Cheddar and Leek Muffin
The second leek recipe which Minoo shared in the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen is Cheddar and Leek Muffin.
The Cheddar and Leek Muffin is a savory muffin.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and pale green parts
Source: this recipe is adapted from Ladie’s Home Journal
Make 12 muffins.