Minoo started the cooking class in Caring Place for year 2007 with a popular soup, Clam Chowder. Minoo’s recipe is a simplified version which uses Cream of Mushroom Soup to gives the Clam Chowder its creaminess.
Minoo’s recipe is perfect at this time of the year. Vancouver had been unseasonably cold these days with quite a few days of snow storms and sub-zero temperatures. What is better than a hot bowl of soup in this cold winter?
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can whole baby clams
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, low sodium preferred
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parleys or you may use some fresh chopped parsleys
- a pinch of dried thyme
- a pinch of dried marjarom
- salt and pepper to taste
Click on the link below for the instructions.