For dessert, Minoo made an Oatmeal Currants Cookies. This recipe is specifically for a gentleman participant in the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen who would love to learn to bake some simple cookies or muffins.
These Oatmeal Currants Cookies make a healthy treat for kids lunch boxes.
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats or quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup currants
Source: this recipe is adapted from Lucie Costa, North Plank Road Tavern, Newburgh, New York
Prep time: 15 minutes; Baking time: 10 minutes per batch
Makes 12 cookies