Lentil, Barley and Brown Rice Salad with Dates and Feta
Minoo prepared three recipes for the Gilmore Park Church community kitchen. Two of the recipes were taken from Vancouver Sun.
The recipes include a Lentil, Barley and Brown Rice Salad with Dates and Feta, a Butternut Squash Gratin with Parmesan Sage Breadcrumbs and a Ginger Pumpkin Muffin recipe.
The combination of grains and legumes in the Lentil, Barley and Brown Rice Salad with Dates and Feta provides a complete protein meal. It is easy to pack for lunch or picnic.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) brown rice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pearl or pot barley
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry green or brown lentils
- 1/2 cup (125ml) crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped dates, figs or apricots
- 1 to 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Source: Vancouver Sun
Makes 6 servings