Minoo made this Winter Coleslaw to tie with the winter vegetable theme. Cabbage is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables that contain potent anticancer components called indoles and isothiocyanates which can promote cancer cell suicide.
This salad is called Winter Coleslaw as it is made with ingredients like purple cabbage and apples.
This recipe is adapted from Alive Magazine.
Prep time: 15 minutes; Serves 8.
- 1/2 medium purple cabbage
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 large apple, peel left on, scrubbed well
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, broken
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
p/s: honey missing from the picture.