For dessert, Michelle shared a Blueberry and Almond Quick Bread to clear out some pantry items.
The Blueberry and Almond Quick Bread is high in fiber and protein. It makes a fantastic brunch cake or afternoon coffee cake.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat or unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, coarse ground if desired
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, cranberries or other fresh or dried fruit
Source: from Moosewood for Health