Minoo demonstrated a dessert made with phyllo dough in the South Arm Community Kitchen. It was an eye opener for some of the members of the South Arm Community Kitchen as they have never use a phyllo dough before. The dessert Minoo made is called Phyllo Cup.
The Phyllo Cup can be filled with various fillings. Minoo choosed to fill the Phyllo Cup with honey filling with berries. Other alternatives are lemon cheesecake filling and espresso coconut macadamia filings.
The Phyllo Cup is very crunchy and light. You really need a plate to eat this Phyllo Cup as the crumbs keep falling off the Phyllo Cup when you bite into it and you can hear the crunch every bite.
- 8 sheets frozen Phyllo dough, thawed
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- butter & milk to brush on the dough or you may just use Pam spray
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh strawberries or other berries