While Lucy still have time a couple of weeks before her pharmacy course starts in the middle of March, we are fortunate to have her to show us how to make Pork Pancake. She brought some of these Pork Pancake to the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen for us to try and we enjoyed it very much. So, we pleaded her to show us how to make these pancakes in the South Arm Community Kitchen while she still can attend the community kitchen.
These Pork Pancakes are popular in the northern park of China. These pancakes are great for school lunch as it’s portable and filing. You can filled these pancakes with your choice of meat like ground chicken, ground turkey, ground beef or ground lamb. You can even make a sweet version of these pancakes with ground peanut and sugar. I will have to try the sweet version one day.
This is a great demonstration as you can see that all the participants have hands on in making their own pancakes.
For the dough:
- 4 cups (1000ml) flour
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
For the filing:
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 to 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 fresh shiitake mushroom, finely chopped (optional)
- a little cooking wine, optional
- 1 egg for egg wash, optional
- sesame seeds for topping, optional