Zucchini Meat Loaf
The Richmond Community Kitchen resumed operation in September. The first kitchen took place at the Gilmore Park Church.
Minoo prepared 3 recipes for this first kitchen. The main dish is a healthier version of meat loaf with the incorporation of zucchini. Zucchini is a summer squash. Zucchini has a delicate flavour and requires little cooking cooking time. You can steam, boil, grill, bake, barbecue or fry it.
Here are some of recipes using zucchini that we had made in the community kitchens:
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- Curried Zucchini Soup
- Potato Mousse with Zucchini
- Zucchini Rice Caserole
- Zucchini and Cheddar Muffin
Zucchini is low in calories (approximately 15 calories for 100g of fresh zucchini). It contains useful amount of folate, potassium, Vitamin A and manganese.
- 4 tablespoons Dijon honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 pound zucchini (about 2 small zucchini), coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
Source: via Minoo