The South Arm Women Community Kitchen resumes after the spring break. For this kitchen, Michelle shared information on incorporating more protein into our diet.
In line with above, Michelle shared a salad with almond and feta cheese which is a good source of protein.
This healthy kale salad is topped with a warm cranberry almond vinaigrette. The sweetness from the honey and shallot balanced well with the sourness of the vinaigrette and cranberry and the saltiness of the feta cheese.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almond
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese or feta cheese