Marian from Philippines demonstrated 3 Filipino recipes in the Caring Place Community Kitchen. Marian used to own a restaurant which specializes on grill items in Philippines before she moved to Canada. We are so glad to learn from her.
The first item is Filipino Style Beef Steak. According to Marian, this is a popular home cook dish. The caramelized onions add sweetness to this beefy dish.
- 1 pound sliced beef sirloin tip
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (she used a Filipino brand with a pineapple logo which is sweeter)
- 1 lemon or calamansi
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt to taste
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cook time: 30 minutes; Serves 4 to 6