For side dish, Michelle prepared an Orange and Pecan Salad with Red Onion Dressing at the South Arm Seniors Kitchen.
You can make the dressing ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can use fresh oranges, canned oranges or mandarin oranges in this salad. Other fruits like strawberries and kiwis can also be used.
We like that we can taste the onions in the dressing and yet there is no chunks of onions to bite into.
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped, pat dried or spin dry using a salad spinner
- 2 oranges, sliced into sections
- 1 cup pecans (candied or toasted)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard or dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
Source: via Michelle Li
Serve 8 to 10
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pecans are difficult to get where I am. What will be a good substitute for it? Walnuts?
Hi Suk Yen, I’m sure walnuts will be fine too.