For dessert, Michelle prepared a recipe from Martha Stewart for the South Arm Seniors Kitchen. This cake has the elements of gingerbread which fits for the season.
This Gingerbread Snacking Cake freezes well. You can serve this cake with a dollop of whipped cream or ice-cream for a treat. The aroma of molasses filled the kitchen while the cake is baking. This cake is light and fluffy.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 large eggs
- icing sugar for garnishing
- whipped cream or ice-cream for topping
Source: this recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart
This Post Has 2 Comments
This recipe is missing the amount of molasses needed to it.
Hi Betty, the amount of molasses is located below the 2/3 cup dark brown sugar.