Nanzaro’s class is having a Pizza Party just prior to the Winter break. This is another fun project for the class. The students got to make pizza all by themselves. The class is divided in groups of five and they made the pizza from scratch, from making the dough and choosing their own toppings.
The class had so much fun doing this project. It’s the best pizza they ever had because of their labour of love.
The recipe for the pizza dough is very simple and that is the beauty of it; good for classroom project.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water (plus an additional 2 tablespoons)
- Mix 1 cup of flour with all other ingredients.
- Gradually add 2nd cup of flour until it forms a ball. Use your hands to from and knead the dough.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and lightly oil the dough by rotating it in the oiled bowl.
- Let the dough rest 10-15 minutes in a bowl covered with a dish tower or saran to keep it warm.
- Spread out onto greased pizza pan and top with your favourite toppings.
- Bake at 425F for approximately 15 minutes.
Click on the link for more photos.