Spiced Lentil Tacos
The main course for the Mexican theme prepared by Michelle for the South Arm Older Adults Kitchen was Spiced Lentil Tacos.
Michelle shared with us that even his meat lover husband enjoys this. Lentil is a great protein substitute and is high in fiber.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 8 taco shells or soft tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups shredded lettuce (spin/pat dry)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat (2%) cheddar
P/S: Missing from the photo: brown lentils, vegetable broth, olive oil, onion, garlic, homemade taco seasoning. I accidentally deleted one of the photo of the ingredients.
Source: this recipe is adapted from epicurious.com