Tapioca Pearl Tart
Heidi made a Tapioca Pearl (Sago) Tart for dessert. The Tapioca Pearl Tart is best eaten cold as the tapioca will be more chewy when chilled.
The translucent tapioca looks like little pearls, very delicate and soft but it has a chewy texture unlike it’s look.
The salted egg yolk and sweet yellow mung bean paste filing complements one another well.
- 400g tapioca pearl (soak in 6 cups of cold water for 6 hours, drain)
- 50g coconut cream powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat starch
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow mung beans
- 2 oz butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 salted egg yolk (cut into quarters)
Click on Read More for the instructions.