Julia is a ESL student in Peace Mnenonite Church and she is a member of the community kitchen at that location. Julia made two very popular Korean dishes at the Peace Mnenonite Church Community Kitchen and Minoo invited her to do the same at the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen. We are so glad to have her. Julia invited her Korean friend, Michelle to be her interpreter. Michelle is an intern pastor in the Peace Mnenonite Church. Not only that Julia brought along an interpreter, she also invited her ESL teacher, Mona to come along.
Julia learned her Korean cooking skills not only from her mom but she also attended a Korean cooking school for a year. She is a perfectionist in the kitchen.
Bulgogi is a popular Korean dish made with thinly sliced beef. This dish is best served with rice and lettuce or seaweed.
- 3 pounds rib eye beef (ask the butcher to thinly slice for you)
- 3 small onions (grate one to marinate the beef while two thinly slice)
- 1 bunch (about 5) green onions, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 pear
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 pieces of pyogo mushroom, slice
- about 1/2 cup Korean BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
This recipe serves 10.