For the main course, Minoo shared a Chicken Chili recipe at the South Arm Community Kitchen. Minoo served the Chicken Chili with steamed basmati rice. You can find the recipe on how to cook basmati rice here except that Minoo did not flavoured it with saffron this time.
The Chicken Chili is very saucy and tomato’ish. The sauce is good with the steamed rice.
- 4 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/8 cup good olive oil, plus extra for chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more for chicken
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled plum tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried ones
- 4 split chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
- freshly ground black pepper
This recipe used skin on and bone in chicken breast which is cheaper. The chicken breast is cooked with the skin on and bone in for more flavour. The skin and bones can be easily removed after cooking.
For dessert, we made the Lemon Pudding.
This time the Lemon Pudding turned out to be custardy inside and lightly crispy on the top. A perfect dessert to end a meal.
This Post Has One Comment
Thanks for the recipe! I made something similar to this yesterday but in a crock pot. My fiance says it was very good! But too watery cuz I used canned diced tomatoes. So he put brown rice in the pot and turn it into congee! =)