The South Arm Older Adults Kitchen is back in action. For this kitchen, Michelle revisited a couple of the best recipes due to popular demand.
One of the recipe is Smothered Chicken in Quinoa. This is a high fiber and high protein meal in a pot. This is a recipe which freezes well.
Michelle also shared her family favourite Carrot Ginger Soup for this session. This is also a recipe which freezes well. It also tastes better the next day. You may double the recipe by just doubling the ingredients.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon (peeled with peeler, avoid white pith, or grated on a microplane)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- whipping cream or yogurt or sour cream, to garnish
Source: this recipe is adapted from epicurious.com