The main dish for the Thai theme kitchen made in the Richmond Community Kitchen is Shrimp in Yellow Curry.
You can use chicken for this recipe but make sure the chicken is properly cooked.
We served the shrimp in yellow curry with white basmati rice. You can check on how to cook the basmati rice here. The cooking time may be less white basmati rice than the brown basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced hot chili, or crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste
- 1 cup fresh or canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds medium-to-large shrimp, peeled (we used frozen cooked shrimp that has been defrosted and pad dry)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (fish sauce), or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or mint leave
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanut
Source: this recipe is adapted from New York times cooking