For dessert, Charlene, Frank and Karen made this Danish Brovst Dream Coffee Cake. As it was Minoo’s birthday, this cake also serves as her birthday cake.
This cake has a topping of baked coconut flakes which resembles little ant and hence this cake is also known as “ant cake”. This cake is dense and sweet.
- 250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 50g (about 3 tablespoons +1 teaspoon) butter or margarine
- 300g (about 1.5 cups) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 3 teaspoons (15ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 125g (1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons) butter or margarine
- 100g grated coconut
- 250g brown sugar (275ml packed or 1 1/8 cup packed)
- 50ml milk
Click on Read More for the instructions.
Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) and place the rack in the middle of the oven.