This is one of none Danish dish which the seniors made for the Christmas celebration. It’s called Tex-Mex Bean Salad with Creamy Salad Dressing. It’s kind of Mexican. Christina and June were in-charged of making this salad.
The Tex-Mex Bean Salad is great for potluck but it is advisable to assemble the salad just before serving. This is especially so for the tortilla chips so that they wont get soggy by the salad dressing.
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained (or you can prepare your own black bean from dry ones)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels (or can ones)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 24 baked low-fat tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cubed cheese (pepper jack or cheddar)
To store the leftover half of the avocado, sprinkle the cut flesh with lemon or lime juice or white vinegar. Place it in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Click on Read More for the instructions.