This Beef with Onion and Ginger dish is from Hugh. Hugh and Joyce made this dish together for the South Arm Cooking Club for seniors Chinese New Year celebration.
This Beef with Onion and Ginger dish is appetizing with the addition of ginger which gives a zing to the dish. The beef is tender and this is a great dish with steamed rice.
- 3/4 to 1 pound beef steak, flank or round, sliced thinly across the grain
- dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- few drops of sesame oil
- 6 to 8 slices ginger roots
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks green onions, cut into 2″ length, divide white part from green part
This Post Has 0 Comments
I made this last night with sirloin pork instead of beef (it was on sale). I’ve got an international household with kids from the far east, from Europe and plain old rednecks from around here — and everybody really liked it. They said to add it to the “make again” list. I served it with rice and stir fried sugar snap peas.
My only caution is during the wait two minutes phase, be careful because the sugar and starch in the sauce can burn. Mine did a little but I moved the meat out and the flavor was not affected.